Hi Dave,

It is not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. Why do you set the visible of the stack to true or false if you're going to close it anyway?

If the problem is that the stack flashes *before* its visible property is set, it is possibe that removing "as toplevel" from your script solves the problem. Why did you include that?

Completely contrary to HyperCard, Revolution's "lock screen" command prevents windows from being redrawn but does not prevent them from appearing on screen. You might want to set the loc of the stack off-screen before changing the visible property, then hide the stack and set the loc to the original value.

Best,

Mark

David Burgun wrote:
Hi,

When I run the script portion below, I get the stack windows flashing for a split second. I thought that the lock screen command would cure it, but it doesn't seem to work.

  lock screen
  repeat for each line myCurrentFileName in myFilesList
    if item -1 of myCurrentFileName <> "rev" then next repeat
    put myStackFilePath & myCurrentFileName into myCurrentFilePathName
    if myCurrentFilePathName = myStackFilePathName then next repeat

    if myCurrentFilePathName <> the filename of  myCallingStackLongName then
      if there is a stack myCurrentFilePathName then
if the script of stack myCurrentFilePathName contains myHandlerString then set the cpDebugEnableFlag of stack myCurrentFilePathName to theDebugEnableFlag put the visible of stack myCurrentFilePathName into myStackVisibleFlag
          go invisible to stack myCurrentFilePathName as topLevel
set the visible of stack myCurrentFilePathName to myStackVisibleFlag
          save stack myCurrentFilePathName
          close stack myCurrentFilePathName
        end if
      end if