Richard and Jim thank you both. It was because I was well aware that there were these exceptions not listed and because it is not a trivial task that I asked my question. A sick part of me is glad to see I have not missed some obviously, and trivially easy solution. Now off to code a fully comprehensive solution (using your suggestions to start) for my own library.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"