On 13 Apr 2006, at 02:32, Stephen Barncard wrote:

I have a chicken-and-egg situation..

I have a stack startup handler that works fine until it does a 'start using' for a library stack, and then immediately needs to use a handler in that stack just included.

What happens is that the code keeps marching along, the lib isn't active yet... and --- error.

I've put a 'wait 30 ticks' then a 'wait 60 ticks' before continuing. Not long enough? I know, I know, cheesy too.

What's the best way to allow the lib to load.. and how do I wait or hold for it?
I know there's an 'librarystack' message..

I don't have a solution, but I'm surprised at the behavior. Generally, libraries called in this way are available immediately. (I'm thinking of cgi scripts that start using a library in the startup handler.) Do you know of anything in the library itself that might be causing this? Right now, the only thing I can think of is the library calling one of the Rev library handlers (commands beginning with rev, or a url request requiring liburl), as the Rev libraries don't load until after startup.

Cheers
Dave