Well I'm working in the weird wonderful world of modal stacks, where you can't really change and debug in real time....

There's a bit of 'you can't get there from here.. here..

I have a custom list dialog that's almost done.

Goal: I want to be able to have NO selection in the list field happen before the stack opens, by using 0 or empty in the variable tLineState

I have a list field 'kMainField' on a modal dialog

This preopenstack handler in the cd 1 script of the stack will set the hilitedlines with line 6 of the dialogdata = "1,4,6"

When I put "1,4,6" into dialogdata then modal the stack

--- this selects lines 1,4,6 invisibly and the stack opens with those lines selected....

on preopenstack
   put line 6 of the dialogdata into tLineState
   set the hilitedlines of fld kMainField to it
end preopenstack

after the stack opens, I can do this in the message box:

set the hilitedlines of fld kMainField to 0

or...

set the hilitedlines of fld kMainField to empty

and unselect the line

however, if I try to pass a 0 or empty through line 6 of dialogdata, line 1 of the list is still selected.

if I use a custom property as a flag like this:

on preopenstack
   put line 6 of the dialogdata into tLineState
   IF (tLineState is not empty)  AND (tLineState is not 0)
    THEN
        set the hilitedlines of fld kMainField to it
        set the hLines of this stack to true
    ELSE
        set the hLines of this stack to false
END IF end preopenstack

and then in the stack script use this handler:

ON openstack
    IF the hlines of this stack is false
    THEN
        set the hilitedlines of fld "listField" to empty
    END IF
END openstack

I can get the line to unselect, however it's selected for a second before it un-selects...

This looks like crap though.

using "send in time" doesn't work either.

Is this a bug?

I can do other things like delete a line from the field from the preopenstack handler or just about anything else... why not this?

by the way.... did you know that dialogdata can't be an array? Bummer.

thanks for any suggestions...
sqb

--
stephen barncard