From: Malte Brill
Date: 07/11/06 12:36:30
To: use-revolution@lists.runrev.com
Subject: Re: quicktime 3D

Hi Victoras,

> If not, possibly arcade engine is the only way to go, as it is
> quite difficult to find even a description of 3D formats used by
> quicktime.

The 3D support in AE is very basic until now. What you can do is
display wireframe models made from pointlists.

eg:

0,0,0
50,0,0
50,50,0
etc.

You can then use AE to display these pointlists as wire frames in 2d
space, either in 3d or isometric view. You can rotate the model
around the x,y and z-axes. AE does these calculations very fast. I
have successfully converted rotator Models for use in Rev. However
the 3d support in AE is in very early state. I am looking more into
this area to make using it more pleasant. I just want to point that
out, to give an honest opinion what AE could do to help and that you
donĀ“t expect too much when you are trying it out.

Hope that helps,