No, it's sketchy because certain operations like cloning or copying cards can change ID's, because ID's must be unique in a Revolution stack. Also one programming method uses hidden objects as templates and then "clones" them so that there is consistency in the interface. It's easier than p[rogrammatically setting all the properties every time a new object is created. In this case ID's are useless.

I just think it's bad programming practice. As a teacher, I am sure you know that part of what you are teaching your students is good programming habits. If they fail at that, they aren't going to be very good programmers anyhow. If their discipline is bad enough, they may even end up like me, and nobody wants that.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM

Is this a programmer-thing?

I ask because I have a devil of a time convincing my students to *name* their objects. They end up having problems and it's VERY frustrating...

Judy