But if you make your living with Rev it's really helpful to have all
posts come into your awareness, even if just in the convenient digest
mode.  Software pros are busy people; using push rather than
hunt-and-pull keeps a broader range of relevant info flowing past the
eyeballs who need to see it.

I think this is the key to my problem with the forums. I like to be
able to scan all the posts as emails, without having to plod my way
through a maze of folders & sub-folders. I can scan the emails quickly
for anything that interests me and search the archives easily, but the
forums don't allow such ease of use.

When they acquire an email facility, I will get the forum postings
sent to me and hopefully, I will be able to reply to postings by email
too. Until then, I will not be particiapting in the forums,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

Regards,
Sarah