Yes i was curious why the forums were locked event to peek at the content. As Richard stated its a big turn off for most users, you would like to know what you are signing up for before signing up. If this is to hide that some of the forums dont have many posts its not a good move for rev either since it would piss me off to go to the trouble of signing up and then find out what i wanted wasn't there yet or what i wanted.

I too much prefer this list. put it in digest form and its really fast and easy to scan and i even run across a few things when scrolling through the digest email that i may not have clicked on by the title. I have used several web forums, and as others have noted, always find i quickly stop using them since having to go to the site and scan the lists in various ways (depending on the forum ui) just was a bit too much. Im probably a member of 20 email lists and they all are extremely fast and easy to keep on top of while taking relatively little time to do this each day.

Personally I also dislike the specific benefits made by Lynn of a forum of posts being editable or controllable. these lists are very self limiting and the few storms that come up go away quickly. a good free and open discourse is the heart and sole of what makes this such a wonderful list for all and probably one of the major supports of the product for the company (and i would hesitate to say w/o it, it may not have made it this far). a big brother approach to this kind of discourse (ie channeling, censoring, or editing) ruins it with even the threat of it.

Jeffrey Reynolds