On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:05 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

As you can see, I redirect the output of a shell command to a text
file, then have a loop that keeps checking until the file is there.

Cool. I have tried the &, but without success. I think I must not have been redirecting to a file or things changed since long ago.

BTW, the original problem was tcpdump, so I assume a dialog or at least processing output as it comes might be needed.

Dar