ICMPd is the daemon ('shell app') that runs the request over that port. It would be a case of recreating the ICMPd functionality in Rev, all it's doing is sending specifically formed packets over that port that servers/routers/etc running their own ICMPd will respond to.

It's a small app. If anyone else is interested then I might have a look at the code (should be able to get a hold of the C/C++ source code) and attempt to translate it to Transcript. Not too sure how tight I can get the timings, but it should be accurate enough.

Cheers,

Luis.