On Oct 21, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

On Oct 20, 2006, at 8:29 PM, Ian Wood wrote:

Rather than callbacks, I'd probably go for things being called from the openstack handler with results being written to a text file with the same name as the test stack. That way you just launch each stack and don't have to worry too much about communication.

But isn't writing to a file a form of communication? I would think that 'return' or 'send' are simpler, however there is always a chance those are broken, but unlikely at the same time. Saving to a file does sound like it could fit into a collection of communication methods.

The advantage of a file is that you can have the master stack look in all the files sometime after it launches all the tests (and after they really should be finished) to see which tests suites failed and report on those. If a test suite fails, it won't hang all the other tests.

Kee Nethery