Trevor DeVore wrote:
On Oct 29, 2006, at 10:49 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

What would make an external fail to load on some machines and not others?

You can sometimes get useful information from watching output in Console.app during startup. The app is in /Applications/Utilities. Open it up, press the Clear button and then launch your app. If there is an error while loading the external you will see an error message appear. Let us know if you see anything.

I figured it out late last night after backing off from the problem for a while. I left out some important info in my message: I upgraded my Mac, and the external I am using is not a universal binary. The app is. All I need to do is either check the "Run in Rosetta" checkbox in the Finder, or install a univeral binary version of the external.

I should have figured that out. I knew about the issue. I think I was just too close to the problem to see it. But thanks for the tip. I didn't know about that one and I'm sure it will be useful.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]