Bill Marriott wrote:

There was a period from 2/9/2006 to 5/13/2006 in which I received absolutely NO email from Rev... including the use-rev list, support requests, trial key requests, marketing materials, everything. (Luckily I had the gmane newsgroup interface for the list.)

The messages were NOT being caught in my ISP's or email client's spam filter. It was some other problem. I tried writing RunRev about the issue but never got a definitive response (to my "backup" MSN email). I assume the problem was eventually caught by Rev, because it started working again.

The most common cause for this is when a whole range of IP addresses is blacklisted by one of the various "watchdog" groups on the net. Some places will blacklist an entire range of IP addresses rather than take the time to identify the IP of a single spammer. (Some providers have gone as far as blocking whole countries.) This is completely unfair, but it happens. There is no easy way for the sender (in this case, Runtime) to know where the block is or who initiated it. Eventually the block either expires or is removed, but that is up to the server doing the blocking, not the sender.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]