On 13 Nov 2006, at 22:05, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Ken Ray wrote:
On 11/13/06 2:12 PM, "Jim Ault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Get a directory for
"/home/folder1/" "/home/folder1/ Test Folder/"
and see if there is another character in the name, or if you have
permissions set OK.

I copied the name via my ftp client and there are no extra spaces. Permissions should be okay, since if I remove the space then it works and the cgi reports the folder does exist.

Another possibility is to use "+" instead of the space - I've seen that on
some servers...

Tried that. No go.

I've just been testing on my own server with a test setup and got the same results, so it isn't just the original server.

John Craig, how did you get it to work with Suse? Could you post a script?

I just tried on my RHE3 server and it works OK. Both with a full path to the folder or a relative path. The lines in the script are like this:

put there is a folder "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/cgi-bin/space folder/other folder" & cr after tBuf

and

put there is a folder "space folder/other folder" & cr after tBuf

Both return true.

But of little help, I fear.

Dave