Hi Dave,

This is very easy:

tell application "Whatever"
  -- do stuff here
  set myRslt to "A Value"
end tell
return myRslt

If you keep this script in a variable myScript, you retrieve the variable result from the AppleScript script in the following way:

do myScript as AppleScript
put the result

Above script puts "A Value" into the message box.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 1-dec-2006, om 18:03 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I could pass a value back to RunRev from an AppleScript that is being run via the do myAppleScript as "AppleScript" command?

I can pass back a return value, but this stops the script from running, I would like to pass something back but have the script continue to run.

Thanks in Advance
All the Best
Dave