On 1 Dec 2006, at 17:35, Ken Ray wrote:

On 12/1/06 11:03 AM, "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I could pass a value back to RunRev from an
AppleScript that is being run via the do myAppleScript as
"AppleScript" command?

I can pass back a return value, but this stops the script from
running, I would like to pass something back but have the script
continue to run.

The only way I could think of would be to have AppleScript "tell" your
application something in the middle of its processing using the "do script"
command, but this would execute a handler in your code instead of just
passing back a value...

Just curious: What are you having AppleScript do that you want to get
results back in the middle the executing AppleScript?

Sorry for the late reply, I had to do some traveling and couldn't keep up with all the mail!

I have a stack that is used to generate AppleScript's based on parameters entered by the user. Basically there is an AppleScript template and I substitute the right parameters and then execute it. The reason I would like to be able to pass back values from the Application Script to RunRev is so I could display a "trace" as to progress in the AppleScript and also as a debugging aid.

I could easily do as you suggest and use "tell myApp", but I'm not quite sure how I would go about writing the RunRev handler. For instance how would I pass the message "Hello World" from an applescript and have it display this message at the end of a field in RunRev?

Thanks a lot and All the Best
Dave