On 12/2/06, Mikey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Along with the attempt to toy with Galaxy, I sent a message to the
group a week ago asking why Galaxy is worthwhile.  Jerry responded
with a trial username and password so I could mess with it, but I
don't recall anywhere seeing the "this is why you HAVE to use Galaxy",
so I was hoping that a couple of Galaxy Fanbois would talk about it.

If nothing else I was hoping that Galaxy's script editor would make me
stop wanting to hack RR's.

There is so much in Galaxy that not everyone will agree with my
estimation of what is most valuable, but here goes:

Tabbed editing (scripts & properties)
Editing everything in a single window
Hypertext linking to Rev terms and to your own handlers
Being able to alter the common properties from a contextual menu (you
can set what appears in this menu)

I think you really have to try it. It will change the way you work in Rev.

Cheers,
Sarah