Depending on what you need to achieve, you can put data in script locals in your library, write some setter and getter handlers (an interface, if you like), and then the data is private...

Other than that, you might hide the handlers in objects in the library stack, and use a lot of "sends".

Seems like it would be a lot of trouble, your way seems better, but with the caveat that the execution contexts is 'unsupported' (private?) and might concievably change in the future, breaking your library.

Of course, if you really want to hide things, you could password protect your library, and only tell it's users about the handlers you want them to know about.

Best,

Mark