I don't think that's true - the bastards are the major record companies who insist on DRM. Didn't you see Job's statement regarding this last week? He called for the record companies to end the Draconian DRM schemes, as CDs are not protected. Apple is required to use DRM by the record companies..

the product is dominant because they did it better and sooner than anyone else.

Joe,

I certainly don't want to rain on your current Mac fanboy leanings,
but Apple's no better than MS with regard to their current dominant
position and unwillingness to play nicely with others in the digital
music business. Just Google "Apple iPod lawsuit" and you should get a
quick picture of a few of Apple's antitrust trangressions across the
world.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o