On 6 Mar 2007, at 18:57, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Dave wrote:
Oh, and BEWARE!!!
If you have two files:
/FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FileX.xxx
/FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FileY.xxx
rename /FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FileX.xxx to /FolderA/FolderB/ FolderC/FileY.xxx You will end up with one file called FileY.xxx! IOW, if the file exists in the destination path it will quite happily OVERWRITE it!

Brace yourself, because the "url" syntax will do the same thing:

  put myData into url ("file:"&tURL)

If the file already exists, it is overwritten. Hopefully this will save you some frustration.

Thanks, that was my main intention when I posted. However this is nearly as bad since this command is not pretending to be a "rename" command. At least here it would reasonable to consider that the file might be overwritten.

All the Best
Dave