In my last post, I recommended a short article of simple, practical (layman's) advice for those considering the possibility of trying Linux (or my favourite, Ubuntu) and Rev/Linux 2.6.1 for the first time.

It has now been properly presented, and you can view it at the following URL if you are interested:

http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/installing_ubuntu_or_other_linuxes.htm

There is one other simple piece of advice I would like to offer in addition to that given in the article. After downloading ISO files from Ubuntu or any other source, CHECK THE BYTE COUNT IS CORRECT before burning your CD or attempting to install.

Bob