On 27 Mar 2007, at 14:17, David Bovill wrote:

Thanks Andre, I have tried a bunch of variations and think I must be making a basic error as I am getting nothing but "Internal server errors". What's
wrong with this script:

on startup
  put "Do nothing" into buffer
  -- put "HTTP/1.1 204" && buffer & crlf & crlf

  put "HTTP/1.0 204 my descriptive text"
  put "Content-Type: text/html" & CR
  put "Content-Length: "& length(buffer) & crlf & crlf
  -- write buffer to stdout

  quit
end startup

Looking again at your original question, you shouldn't use the 204 response if you are returning any data. In other words, don't write anything after the headers:

put "Status: 204 my descriptive text" & cr
put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr & cr

You can achieve basically the same thing with a standard 200 response and a Content-length header of zero.

Cheers
Dave