Ken - what you suggest works...

but does wait with messages or wait for messages actually work? I have never
got it working - nor have I seen any example scripts with it working - and
the docs etc all point to doing it "another way" :)

On 09/07/07, Ken Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:41:45 +0100, Dave wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a handler that gets called on a regular basis via the "send
> xxx in N seconds"  command.
>
> The handler then does some processing, but but wait for a task to
> complete, to do the wait I use:
>
> if TaskNotDone = true then
>    wait 1 second with messages
> end if
>
> I thought that this would allow other objects in the stack to
> function, but this is not the case.
>
> How can I make it so that I can wait for the task to complete but
> allow the rest of the GUI to work?

I'd recommend the "wait until <condition>" method... So for example,
suppose you made "TaskDone" a global variable (I'll call it
"gTaskDone"). You can initially set gTaskDone to false, then execute
your "send in..." and then immediately after it put:

  wait until gTaskDone is true

Just be careful, because if gTaskDone is never set to true, the script
won't ever continue and you'll have issues... :-)

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]