Hi Phil

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, I've decided to keep things simple.

I like challenges but figured this one was just gonna give me a headache :)

regards
alex

Phil Davis wrote:

Tab-delimited text can work!

Since you're working on a Mac... Here's what I do for one client and it's close enough to a spreadsheet for their needs:

on mouseUp
  -- make the output file
  set the fileType to "XCELTEXT"
  put reportContent() into url ("file:" & fld "outputFile")

  wait 1 tick

  -- open the output file if requested
  if the hilite of btn "openOutputFile" = true then
    launch document (fld "outputFile")
  end if
end mouseUp

The 'launch' command causes the file to be opened with Excel, since the file was written with a fileType of "XCELTEXT".