When a user selects Quit from the menu in my application the case statement doesn't ever catch it. The other menu items work. On a Mac the application does quit but on Windows nothing happens.

The only way I can catch a Quit is to put a on shutdownRequest handler in the stack. My application contains several instances of the stack and I check to see if the stack needs to be saved. I can catch this request in the on shutdownRequest handler.

The user can close the window and be prompted to save with an answer command. If the user selects Yes then the program saves correctly and closes the stack window and all is good. However, if the user answers "No" the window closes correctly without saving (as it should) but now if the user selects Quit the standalone rapidly closes the remaining windows but never asks the user to save. In this situation if the user goes to another card in the stack first, then Quit the program will correctly ask to save if it is needed.

This bug is in Bugzilla 5362.

So I have two problems and don't have a good solution to either of them.
        1. Quitting is not caught in the menu handler.
2. Answering No in an answer dialog prevents even the on shutdownRequest.

Ken Ray helped me characterize this bug and entered the Buzilla ticket. He tried it in MetaCard and it doesn't seem to be a problem there. How have folks solved this in Rev?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos