Arrrg!

So if I put a button on the card and click it after the stack just closed with this script:
on mouseUp
  put the defaultStack into vTempStack
  set the defaultStack to vTempStack
end mouseUp

It works.

However, that would require a user to click on it. I put it into the following handler which is called by both the closeStackRequest and shutdownRequest and it doesn't work.

on preCloseStack
if the uDirty of stack the uPathToWallet of this stack then -- vDirty 1 = needs save
    put the defaultStack into vTempStack
    answer "Save the changes?" with "No" or "Yes"
    if it is "Yes" then
      put the uPathToWallet of this stack into pathToWallet
      set the uRect of stack the uPathToWallet of me to the rect of me
tempSaveStack -- temporary fix for save to thumbdrive bug in Rev 2.8.
    else
      set the defaultStack to vTempStack
    end if
  end if