Len Morgan wrote:
> Along the lines of this discussion, I think someone mentioned that the
> preOpenStack message is NOT sent when you are using the IDE.  Is this
> true?

I don't believe so; AFAIK the IDE does not prevent your stack from getting preOpenStack messages. Perhaps you were thinking of startup?

> If so, where can I put start-up code so that I set things up
> before an app gets going in both the IDE and a stand-alone?

I do initialization from a preOpenStack handler in the card script of the first card of the stack file which will be made into a standalone.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal