Hi Mark,

I believe the .ppt will be available on indyjug.net sometime soon.
I've slept since the presentation, so I can't remember how much was
included in the slide show and how much was oral elaboration.

Thanks for the link to your Abator page, but unfortunately it's coming
up blank for me (both IE and FFox).  The rest of your site is coming
up fine (Good luck in the Little Rock Marathon this Sunday, by the
way).

Ted

On 01/03/07, Mark Volkmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 1, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Ted Schrader wrote:

> I want to take an opportunity to thank Jeff for coming to Indy and
> presenting iBATIS last night; Jeff put in some major driving time to
> make it possible.
>
> I thought the presentation was well received by those in attendance.
> One of the best points Jeff made was explaining why comparing iBATIS
> to Hibernate is really an apples-to-oranges concept and I think some
> people are going to look into iBATIS further.

I'd be interested in hearing that explanation ... why it's an apples-
to-oranges comparison.
I don't doubt it. I just want to understand it.

> The  list of situations that indicate the use of iBATIS was also very
> helpful and it described my environment to the letter.  iBATIS turned
> out to be an excellent fit for me so the list is definitely spot-on.
>
> Finally seeing Abator in action was the hightlight of the evening
> for me.

If you're interested in learning more about Abator, I have some notes
on it at http://www.ociweb.com/mark/Abator.html that might be helpful.