An SDS object has no width, height or depth simply because an SDS
object can have just about any shape. The fact that you start with a
cube, and yes the name cube isn't  even accurate, is just that - this
is the initial shape of the object, before any maniplulation. To make
an SDS cube an exact size, you could either manually edit the points
numerically, one by one, in the properties window or you could first
create an analytical "cube" of the desired dimensions and either
convert that using "ToSDS" or just snap select the points when
creating your SDS.

Regards,
Fredrik Bergholtz