On 2/1/07, Zaug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

leee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying help someone find some contemporary U.S.A. loco and rolling
stock
> models for a university research program assessing the effectiveness of
> various designs of warning signs upon road users.  Unfortunately I don't
have
> the time to model it all myself, assuming I could find suitable
drawings, so
> does anyone know any good places to look?
>
> The project may have some funds for purchasing models but if so, it
won't be
> very much.
>
> The format doesn't matter too much, as long as I can get them into RS3D.
>
> TIA
>
> LeeE

Hello Lee,
I  have  quite a few Model Railroader magazines, some from the last few
years that have some working drawings  in them. Most stuff in the US has
not changed in many years. Also, I live close to a rail line and a town
with a switch (sorting)  yard; I could shoot some photos for you.
Finally, I would help with some modeling, would not want much to do so;
would be a good entry for my currently microscopic resume ; ) and the
models would be done in RS.

Let me know if I can help,

Zaug

P.S. I love trains  ; D

--
My love of the  halfling's leaf has clearly slowed my mind.
<|8?o

So Zaug is a closet trainspotter :-)

There are zillions of virtual anoraks making models for MS Train Simulator,
some commercially.  Some of them would presumably sell you a 3ds version.

3dCanvas has an exporter for MSTS, 3ds and obj (search the forums at
amabilis.com), so plenty of them use it for modelling.

Try the links from
http://www31.brinkster.com/decapod/   and

http://www.webdottrainsim.com/msts517.htm

Geo