Hi lads,

As I have preached in the past - I am a great fan of inter operability. No I am not going to rant on about this here. What I will say is that ZBRUSH - as nice an app as it is - it costs. But did ye all know about the recent releases of Blender [ v2.43 and 2.44 ]? These are landmark updates. Blender now includes a Zbrush type Sculpt tool that I imagine will do what Matthias has done here. In the recent past I exported a Sculpted mesh via obj from Blender to RS. Here's the bumph on the Blender Sculpt tools:

http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-243/sculpt-mode/

As an aside Blender has recently added Sub Surface Scattering tools also [ SSS ]:

http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-244/subsurface-scattering/

Last night I was messing with both Sculpt and SSS in Blender, here is a quick render:

http://www.tidalsound.com/3dstuff/sss4.jpg - a rough sculpted candle with SSS.

My full understanding of the SSS tool is not their yet, this just a test.

My main point - Blender is FREE and just as is with ZBRUSH can be used back and forth to/from RS. Its a cheap as in Free alternative which is ideal as a tool to use ALONG SIDE Realsoft 3D - an example - model etc in RS, export as obj and sculpt in Blender, export back. One caveat - Blender does not support Ngons yet, but nor did Lightwave up until recently. I find the creating models with 4 vertices habit seems to make for more structured, cleaner meshes. My two cents

Cheers
Aidan