Hi Garry,
I don't understand why you're only using 1 CPU with gi rendering. Why don't you use per box post processing?
Arjo.

Hi Arjo :

I have had no luck with that .

For instance , I just downloaded the alien/ufo benchmark again and
tried box rendering the Gi postprocessing , it takes over an hour
to do . Select "Effect/Image" and it does it rather quickly , but
just 1 CPU is working for the Gi .
http://www.realsoft.fi/updates/benchmark

I guess I must be doing something obviously very wrong , considering
the benchmark scores for the "UFO" . No idea what's wrong , and I
just gave up on it a few years ago and kept using "Effect/Image"
which works perfectly every time .

Windows XP (sp1/sp2)
RS V5sp3
Dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz

 Please forgive my stupidity . It's been a while since I've hit
the Gi render button and perhaps the cobwebs are thicker than
thermal paste .

garry

studio wrote:
Hi :

When doing RS Gi , 1 CPU will be working and 7 CPU's will
be sitting idle !

garry