Hi Marc,

Ironically I am doodling with edge hardness and that in other packages at the moment also.

One discovery that I have made - if you use one apps INTERNAL edge sharpness tool, it will not translate to another satisfactorily. Assuming at any point you may wish to do this.

The best way to "Sharpen edges" on any SDS mesh that is universal is to use edge loops.

To this end I have done a Video Tutorial on how to do this in Realsoft 3D, any version.

http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/

This is in FLASH format, so should load up in most browsers. The core flash file is about 9mb - but will stream as it goes. Sorry if the speed is an issue, I have a basic hosting package. The SWF file itself is at -

http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/edgeloops.swf ( this if you want to download it with a download manager )

Your request fell in nicely with something I was proposing at the Realsoft IRC recently, so by doing this vid tute has filled two purposes.

Hope you find this useful

Cheers
Aidan O Driscoll,
Netactive Solutions Ltd,
58 Clevedon,
Lower Kilmoney RD,
Carrigaline, Co. Cork, IRELAND

00353-(0)87-9609276
www.netactivesolutions.net
Web Design .. 3D .. Graphics .. Internet Consultancy .. Networks