Hello Aidan,

on Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2008, 03:04:28, you wrote:

> Hi Marc,

> Ironically I am doodling with edge hardness and that in other
> packages at the moment also.

> One discovery that I have made - if you use one apps INTERNAL edge
> sharpness tool, it will not translate to another satisfactorily.
> Assuming at any point you may wish to do this.

Thanks for this hint. Haven’t thought about this.

But I don’t want to export SDS-Objects to another application.

> The best way to "Sharpen edges" on any SDS mesh that is universal is
> to use edge loops.

If I understand you correctly, this answer only applies to the case
when I want to export the object to another application?

But my main problem here is, that the sharpness of new edges is in my
view not consistent. I don’t know if this is a bug. So I ask here.

> To this end I have done a Video Tutorial on how to do this in
> Realsoft 3D, any version.

> http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/

> This is in FLASH format, so should load up in most browsers. The core
> flash file is about 9mb - but will stream as it goes. Sorry if the
> speed is an issue, I have a basic hosting package. The SWF file itself is at -

> http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/edgeloops.swf  ( this if
> you want to download it with a download manager )

Speed was not an issue here. Even with my really fast internet
connection here.   :-)

> Your request fell in nicely with something I was proposing at the
> Realsoft IRC recently, so by doing this vid tute has filled two purposes.

Nice idea. Only two small comments from me:

1. The volume of the sound is a little bit low. On the other side, there
seem to be some overdrive effects. Perhaps you should make some tests
here with a compressor.

2. Why is the AnimationWindow visible? As you don’t use it in the
video, I would suggest to switch it of in the view menu.

> Hope you find this useful

Yes. But why are you using the knife tool? I have tested it. With the
simple face selection in combination with the Alt key, it’s faster.

Best wishes,
Marc Michael