Hi Guys,

I noted a new message at the list about edges and edge sharpness. I also use an app called Modo where I was mucking around with the same thing. One thing I noted with Modo was that the base package came with small VIDEO tutorials - some lasting only 50 seconds - one per EACH TOOL illustrating how this tool worked in that application. I found this very useful when learning this app.

SO, I got to thinking - and discussed same at the REALSOFT IRC ( Chat Room ). I thought it an excellent idea, a community idea even - to do the same for Realsoft. Needless to say I have put my money where my mouth is and did a quick REALSOFT video tute using Camtasia v3 - which by the way came free with PC magazines recently. The topic - as stated above is Edge Sharpness and the use of Edge loops in Realsoft, or for that matter any other 3D app.

Outside of its content I hope it might spur others on to do mini vid tutes like this, maybe build up a whole library of video tutes on each tool in Realsoft over time. By the way - this took me all of about 10 minutes to do, no script, a mic, soundcard, free app and a PC.

If you do not happen upon the free Camtasia, their is a free app to do similar called WINK:

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

The tute i did is uploaded at:

http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/

This is in FLASH format, so should load up in most browsers. The core flash file is about 9mb - but will stream as it goes. Sorry if the speed is an issue, I have a basic hosting package. The SWF file itself is at -

http://www.tidalsound.com/realsoft/edgeloops/edgeloops.swf ( this if you want to download it with a download manager )

Just a thought and an example,

Cheers
Aidan O Driscoll,
Netactive Solutions Ltd,
58 Clevedon,
Lower Kilmoney RD,
Carrigaline, Co. Cork, IRELAND

00353-(0)87-9609276
www.netactivesolutions.net
Web Design .. 3D .. Graphics .. Internet Consultancy .. Networks