On 02/11/15 08:37, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 02.11.2015 um 09:14 schrieb Anton Ivanov:
>> I was testing under similar conditions (CPU pinning using taskset -c 0 on a
>> multicore).
>>
>> I have removed it and run some retests - I cannot reproduce the hang at this
>> point with my config
>>
>> I am going to run a defconfig and compare the results to see if this will
>> give me any insights on the root cause.
> I can reproduce on both my build machine (8 core) and my laptop (4 core).
> If it helps I can share the rootfs.
>
> On my laptop I was able to reproduce within 5 minutes.
> 1. make defconfig ARCH=um
> 2. make -j 4 linux ARCH=um
> 3. ./linux ubda=../Downloads/Debian-Squeeze-AMD64-root_fs mem=1G
> 4. login to tty0
> 5. wait a few minutes
> 6. try to run top, it will hang in nanosleep

Pretty much the same. Does not hang, multiple test runs. Userspace is a
relatively full install of a debian jessie.

I ran deconfig and did a diff. The prime suspect differences between my
config and defconfig are stack order 3 (not 1) and io sched of cfq, not
deadline.

I am going to retest just with these first to see if one of them is the
culprit, if that does not make a difference, run it with defconfig and
try to reproduce the hang.

A.