Probably related to the race condition as described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-487

You can update the dependency to 2.1 by hand in $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib, or use the fixed out of the box version in 1.7.2 or 1.8.0 via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3470

Wyatt Frelot wrote:
Andrew,

I ran into this before and had to delete the VFS temp dir in the /tmp
directory or where ever you place it.

Wyatt

On Nov 17, 2016 9:07 PM, Andrew Hulbert <ahulb...@ccri.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've been noticing some weird behavior that occurs when trying to
    update
    jars for custom classpaths using VFS. After updating jars in HDFS they
    seem to still be cached even though I have deleted the namespace,
    classpath context and jar in HDFS. After putting the jar at a different
    path and creating a newly named context it worked.

    Does this sound like the kind of issues that were fixed in the 1.6.6
    release perhaps? I couldn't tell from the release notes. This
    cluster is
    1.6.4 so perhaps its already fixed but figured I'd ask.

    Thanks!

    Andrew