Keith, thanks for your quick response!

Maybe I wasn't clear enough or I am not understanding your explanation.

What I was exploring was performing a scan with a large number of
authorizations. While I did use tables with thousands of rows, I also ran
scans against empty tables and still performed at ~25 Seconds. So shouldn't
VisibilityEvaluator not be in involved?

I don't think the actual filtering is the problem. Is there some work done
by the tablet servers when receiving the scan request, specifically in
regard to user authorizations?

Again, if I used -s to pass a subset of authorizations for the user with
100000 authorizations, this increase in return time would be equivalent to a
user with that number of authorizations (i.e.: If I scanned with 100
authorizations out of the 100000, it would be the normal, fast speed)

--
Sent from: http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/Users-f2.html