I tried running Accumulo on Google.  I first tried running it on Google's
pre-made Hadoop.  I found the various file paths one must contend with are
different on Google than on a straight download from Apache.  It seems they
moved things around.  To counter this, I installed my own Hadoop along with
Zookeeper and Accumulo on a Google node.  All went well until one fine day
when I could no longer log in.  It seems Google had pushed out some changes
over night that broke my client side Google Cloud installation.
Google referred the affected to a lengthy, easy-to-make-a-mistake procedure
for resolving the issue.

I decided life was too short for this kind of thing and switched to Amazon.

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts