Hi,

what Robert suggested sounds to me exactly what you would need. It would help if you could provide your auth_to_local setting and the output of hbase> whoami

Another way to test your auth_to_locals setting would be to execute:
% hadoop org.apache.hadoop.security.HadoopKerberosName trafodion-robertaclus...@trafkdc.com <mailto:trafodion-robertaclus...@trafkdc.com>

Please be aware that the rules are applied in order, so it is important to have the rule from Robert before the default rule.

A more simple rule could also be:
RULE:[1:$1@$0](trafidion-robertaclus...@trafkdc.com)s/.*/trafodion/

The above rule will only work for this principal/user. Put it as the first line of your auth to local and use HadoopKerberosName to test if it is working.

Regards,
Henning