To follow up. I believe that the default_port is causing the issue. Why is it a float?

The error appeared even with DELETE. So my assumption is, since I had disabled alerts, due to parsing errors, for HDFS they were parsed again. Could this be?

I submited alert definitions with default_port: 0.0 without issues, but they never registered with any host. Once I removed the default_port from the source description, it was fine.

All with Ambari 2.2

Regards