Thanks Sid, appreciate the info about hbase and hdfs alerts. I'll work on
upgrading Ambari but it will probably take time. One other question about
the alert.

*What does the value in seconds in the 'Metrics Collector Process' alert
mean? *The Ambari definition says:* "This alert is triggered if the Metrics
Collector cannot be confirmed to be up and listening on the configured port
for number of seconds equal to threshold."*

Is it the number of seconds the process was not active and reachable when
the check happened? But if its a point-in-time check and the check is done
every 1minute, why does this have a default of 1.5s and 5s for WARNING and
CRITICAL?

-Ganesh