Hi,

I got GSSException when using hdfs command in my kerberonized HDP2.6
cluster.

java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException:
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to
find any Kerberos tgt)]; Host Details : local host is: "
test-namenode.subnet1.hadoop.oraclevcn.com/10.0.1.68"; destination host is:
"test-namenode.subnet1.hadoop.oraclevcn.com":8020;

 According to
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-8-x/topics/cm_sg_sec_troubleshooting.html,
it is because the initial tickets generated by kerberos >= 1.8.1 do not
work for Oracle JDK 6 Update 26 and earlier.

Is this still an issue for java1.8 used in my cluster? Do I still need
"renewable = true" in my krb5.conf to generate renewable initial tickets
and then manually renew them to work with java 1.8?

Thanks for any hint.