I am using the following ant section to generate the manifest file so that I
can run the program
by using the generated jar file.

        <target name="compress" description="Compression target"
depends="compile">

                <jar destfile="${output}/MyClient.jar" basedir="${output}">
                        <include name="**/*.*" />

                        <manifest file="${output}/MANIFEST.MF">
                                <attribute name="Built-By" value="${user.name}"
/>
                                <attribute name="Built-On"
value="${timestamp.isoformat}" />
                                <attribute name="Main-Class"
value="com.swing.client.MainFrame" />
                                <attribute name="Build" value="${build.number}"
/>
                                <attribute name="Date" value="${TODAY}" />
                        </manifest>
                </jar>
        </target>
I am getting the following error message when I run the ant script.

C:\Java\AntBuildProject\ Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Manifest doesn't
support the "file"
attribute.

How can I fix this? TIA.