To: user@aries.apache.org; user@aries.apache.org
From: j...@nanthrax.net
Subject: Re: Exposing Services Remotely
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:00:06 +0200

Sorry I forgot to mention Fabric.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://wwx.talend.com

----- Reply message -----
From: "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
To: <user@aries.apache.org>
Subject: Exposing Services Remotely
Date: Thu, Oct 27, 2011 8:08 pm

DOSGi is good if you want remoting between OSGi frameworks (that use the same
DOSGi providers mainly).Else, maybe JAXWS is the easiest way to go.
If you're looking at a very fast DOSGi implementation, you could have a look at
my blog (http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2011/06/distributed-osgi-in-fabric.html).

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 17:20, De Backer Frederik (DBB)
<frederik.debac...@dexia.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have been playing around with Aries over the last few days and I have been
able to make some services via blueprint framework. However, now I would like
to expose these services remotely (EJB-like via RMI or WS-style via SOAP). What
is the recommended approach to do this? Is there already some support in the
current version of Aries to do this or is this planned in the future? Should I
use an app server like Geronimo and deploy my bundles in there after which I
can use the typical JEE services (such as remoting) provided by an app server.
Or should I go for a framework like the DOSGi framework of CXF?

Any pointers regarding the possibilities, recommended approaches, experiences,
samples would be very much appreciated.

Thx for the help,

Frederik.

<pre>