David,

That is some pretty extreme and wild speculation alright.  How does one use
blueprint to not use OSGi appropriately?  In the 5 years I've been
consulting with Fuse/Karaf/OSGi and going to various clients not one of
them used or uses DS.  Not one.  They all use bundles, services, and Camel
with blueprint.  The last time I worked with DS I didn't find it provided
any serious advantage and added another layer that I'd have to teach my
clients.  Not that I wouldn't consider it or use it if I found a real
advantage but I haven't.

Red Hat is still shipping Karaf 2.x with Fuse so it is still in OSGi 4.x
land much less 5 or 6.

So for Camel are you using the Java DSL?

Brad