Thanks, Ray!
Yeah, coordination is probably the hardest part. It took me a while to
stick together a (reliably) working but still minimal set to be usable in
Karaf in this case.
The viral nature of CXF and Karaf Features in general make adopting a
rather simple usecase (in my opinion) a bad experience. But this is the
Aries List, and the JaxRS Whiteboard implementations works very well right
now. Thanks btw!

As of PRs, well for one I resurrected the aforementioned Johnzon based
wrapper (was called ..jsonb) and placed it into its own repo, and started
adding support for adapter registration, which was missing at that point.
Yes, the issue with Johnzon i found, too. Currently its best do handle it
all embedded (as in this case).
You think the JSONB Provider will be part of Johnzon or you see that in
Aries JaxRS Whiteboard? In any case we'll need better documentation and
sample projects.

Toni