On 8/16/11 3:56 PM, "Vyacheslav Zholudev" <vyacheslav.zholu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi, Scott,
>
>thanks for your reply.
>
>> What Avro version is this happening with? What JVM version?
>
>We are using Avro 1.5.1 and Sun JDK 6, but the exact version I will have
>to look up.
>

>> On a hunch, have you tried adding -XX:-UseLoopPredicate to the JVM args
>>if
>> it is Sun and JRE 6u21 or later? (some issues in loop predicates affect
>> Java 6 too, just not as many as the recent news on Java7).
>>
>> Otherwise, it may likely be the same thing as AVRO-782.  Any extra
>> information related to that issue would be welcome.
>
>I will have to collect it. In the meanwhile, do you have any reasonable
>explanations of the issue besides it being something like AVRO-782?

What is your key type (map output schema, first type argument of Pair)?
Is your key a Utf8 or String?  I don't have a reasonable explanation at
this point, I haven't looked into it in depth with a good reproducible
case.  I have my suspicions with how recycling of the key works since Utf8
is mutable and its backing byte[] can end up shared.