Hi,

I would like to "embed" a schema version number in the schema that I use for
writing data: it would be read-only so that I can determine later on which
version of my avro schema was used. The best I could come up with is to (ab)use
an enum with a single value like this, as I couldn't find any way to define a
constant:

{"type":"enum","name":"version_1_1","doc":"enum indicating avro write schema
version 1.1","symbols":["VERSION_1_1"]}

Is there a better way to register a constant value that has no meaning within
the avro data file, other than to expose some kind of meta information?

Thanks,

Andrew Kenworthy