I do not understand what you're trying to achieve here.

Encoders work at the primitive level - they merely serialize a given data
structure (records, unions, for example), and not look at the schema (Notice -
you create a record with a schema, not an encoder with a schema). Decoders
could do the same and read back primitives, but if they had a schema they'd
read back properly packed data structures. Since encoders do not store schema,
decoders need it externally.

DataFiles solve this for you by writing the schema itself into the file as a
header. The reader loads this schema into the decoder when it attempts to read
it back.